Our sanitizing process begins with the application of our EPA approved “Cleaner, Deodorizer, Disinfectant and Anti-Allergen” that eliminates up to 99.999% of germs, bacteria, viruses, fungi, mold, mildew and other harmful microbes, as well as allergens and odors.
Once clean, disinfected and deodorized, we re-visit all the spaces and surfaces and coat them with a environmentally-safe antimicrobial shield.
Upon application, the antimicrobial agent chemically reacts with and bonds with the surface on a molecular level. As it dries, millions of microscopic antimicrobial “spike-like” appliances form and extend outward from the surface. These “spikes” are actually long chains of positively charged atoms.
Because the cell walls of harmful microbes are negatively charged, they are drawn toward and pulled onto the positively charged antimicrobial spikes by electrostatic attraction. Destruction is instantaneous and complete as antimicrobial spikes both rupture microbes’ cell walls and “vaporizes” them by delivering a powerful electrostatic charge.
How long does the coating last?
Upon application, our antimicrobial agent forms a “covalent bond” with the surface. Unlike paint or sealant, our coating creates a totally new surface, technically known as a co-polymer. It’s a fancy way of saying out coating becomes a part of and works in tandem with the original surface.
Our coating does not fade over time. It will not wash off, doesn’t bleed or move. Best of all, microbes don’t live long enough to eat away at it. With proper maintenance and care, our second-step shield can last for years!